Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Summer Combat Tools


I love the summer months - they feel so nice and lazy, everyone seems more chilled out and casual and it is the season of  pools and beaches. BUT it is also the time of the year when skin, hair, etc. seem to be on vacation from their usual self .

I am hoping I am better prepared this year - I am ready with some newly purchased tools of combat. Here they are:

I just bought a bottle of the much hyped and advertised Moroccan Oil (apparently used by most stars) to help me combat the frizz and give me the beachy waves (I soooo want my hair to look like Blake Lively's). Initially, I loved the smell, but after a while it got a little overwhelming. It tames the frizz a little bit but my hair is not looking anything like Blake's.



I AM A CETAPHIL GIRL. I have been using their Moisturizing body lotion and gentle Face Wash for years and love the products. I had always wished they would come out with something with SPF so I could use it on my face during the day and finally they did and I LOVE IT !!!



I like perfumes as much as the next girl and I am always trying out new ones. But I have never felt like returning to the same perfume twice no matter how much I have liked it. Now I am OBSESSED with Jo Malone's Lime, Basil and Mandarin cologne. I got the bottle last month and I feel so happy every time I wear it, it just feels so right and so ME. I think I have finally found my signature perfume!!!!



Just like everyone else I have been using Vaseline/Lip Balm since I was a child. I have tried every lip balm out there and in every possible flavor. I have used Burt's Bees lip balms before but I am really loving their Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil, in fact I love it so much that I bought a tube for every bag I carry and one to leave in the car as well. Tip: Target has the lip balm in a multi-pack.



I have heard so much about La Mer products in the press and from friends. They all say that it is like "mana" for their skin. I was definitely intrigued and interested but the cost has always been so prohibitive that I have shied away from it. But then I see J.Lo on American Idol and boy - does she look like a million bucks, her skin and make up are just flawless - and I hear her say some where that she swears by La Mer and has been religiously using it for years. Next day I bought my first jar (sucker!!!). I have used it only for a week and am waiting for the miracle to happen and the compliments to start poring in. Will keep you posted :)



Last couple of seasons I have been splurging on Chanel nail polishes - my guilty pleasure. Earlier I used to try and duplicate the "IT" shade of the season but it was never quite the same (may be it was just me). I have never worn yellow nail polish before (for years I just stayed with the safe French Manicure) and I am really enjoying it. It is fun, bright and very liberating - my own SUMMER in a bottle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment